I’m not normally one to reuse patterns in quick succession but I couldn’t help it this time!
I was sent this amazing black polka dot viscose crepe from Sew Me Sunshine which I knew would make the best version of the Vikisews платье вики (Viki) that I made only a couple of weeks ago! This is a free pattern and totally worth the lack of English instructions in my opinion – you can check out the pattern here!
I knew I would want to make some small changes to the Viki pattern though this time around.
The first thing I did was to get rid of the arm ruffle and stick the sleeve head back to the main body of the sleeve. I then shortened it and slashed and spread the sleeve in order to make a fuller three quarter length gathered sleeve.
I also decided to add a second row of ruffles onto the front of the bodice and omit the ruffle detail on the back. The second row of ruffles I positioned just next to the neck and going down the length of the bodice at a slight angle to the original seam to create a slight V.
I added in side seam pockets as before and at the last minute I added a tiny ruffle to the hem of the dress. I just felt it needed that little something extra!
I cheated with the finish of the ruffles and used my overlocker to do a rolled hem! It worked a treat and saved loads of time!
It’s literally everything I hoped it would be! I think I’m going to continue to make a bunch of these dresses with little variations as I think this is my official summer staple!