I made my first Megan Nielsen Rowan bodysuit just a few weeks ago and I loved the simplicity and the fit of it so much that I just couldn’t help making myself another!
This time I opted to do a small hack to turn it into a scoop neck at the front.
Altering a neckline like this is an easy thing to do to change a pattern into something new! In this case I lowered the front bodice neckline by 16cm at the centre and gently curved it to blend into the shoulder.
And voilà! A whole new look using the same pattern!
I made this bodysuit out of one of my favourite jersey fabrics I’ve ever bought – a light pink cotton jersey covered in kittens wearing glitter crowns and bow ties. Sometimes I forget I’m an adult… I picked this one up from Stoff & Stil (of course) at the end of last year. I kind of wish I’d bought more of it! 😂
To finish the neckline I had to cut a new neck band pattern piece. I measured the length of the new neckline – front and back – and took off 10% to account for the stretch. I then sewed this together and used the quartering method to attach it to the bodice.
I was concerned about how the fit might change compared to my first body in that the percentage of stretch between the fabrics varied quite a lot and I didn’t compensate for it. I think I managed to get away with it though this one is a bit tighter!
I love wearing it with my cat pocket Cleo pinafore dress! I ❤️ all the cats!
Which is ironic because I’m allergic to cats in real life…