I love making Morgan jeans! This second pair came together even easier than the first. Plus I was able to make a few adjustments to the fit that I worked out from last time which meant the fit around the crotch was better.
I made this second pair out of better denim too. I got some 10oz denim from Empress Mills which is a great weight for these jeans and better than the thinner fabric of my last pair.
There’s still more to improve on fit wise with these though:
- I definitely need a sway back adjustment to take out a bit of the excess fabric in the lower back.
- I plan to taper the lower legs slightly for a more fitted peg leg look.
- I’m also thinking about just going down a size for my next pair as well. I’m finding the denim I’m using does stretch out quite a bit which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but I think I’d like a more slim fitting pair too.
I bought some black denim from the same company so I’m hoping to make a few more pairs of Morgans until I perfect that fit!
I wanted to really make these jeans a bit special so I hand embroidered over the jeans to create a floral pattern over the left front and the back pockets. I’m so tempted to keep going and embroider them even more but it’s such a time consuming process that I’m not sure if I’d have the patience to do it!