I like the simplicity of the design plus it comes with in seam pockets. It’s the first pattern I’m making which has them included and not just added in by myself! I figured it’ll be an easy pattern to go back to time and time again (assuming that this one goes well).
So I opted to use this fruity themed cotton poplin I picked up years ago from Fabricland in Bristol. Like actually a whole 4 years ago. It’s just been sitting in my fabric stash staring at me for that long…
Because of the print – that the printed fruit are quite bold and the cream background, well, isn’t – I changed the design to include a full bodice lining instead of the facing for the neckline. I hate being able to see the print on the facing through the outer shell, plus I figured this’ll mean no bra camouflaging issues either.
Apart from that there weren’t any planned alterations. I cut out the short sleeve version and it was pretty quick and easy to sew it all together.
Then came the issues when trying it on!
I found it really tight across the chest – not just across the boob area but the upper chest too. It was weird! I was sure I’d checked the measurements both of their size chart and finished garment size before deciding on using the size! I have a feeling that I’ll need to make a full bust adjustment to this before making another one! (Note to self: take out an inch of the bodice length as well!)
It wasn’t an unbearable problem but I knew it would be enough to stop me wearing it comfortably. I finished it anyway – consider it a working muslin!