I bought the Vogue 9075 pattern for the culotte jumpsuit and it’s the only thing from it I haven’t made… I’ve made the culottes by themselves and now I’ve made the dress but still no jumpsuit. I’m blaming the lack of suitable fabric for that!
I got this fab printed poly fabric ages ago and kept it aside for something “special”. In other words I had no idea what I wanted to do with it. I love the colour combo and print but it’s really really busy so I definitely needed to use it in a simple design. The lightweight nature of the fabric meant that it’s the perfect type of fabric to wear on holiday – it doesn’t wrinkle, dries quickly and the busy print means no one will see if I accidentally spill something on it…
I’d never actually planned to make the dress version of the V9075 but it seemed to be the only thing I had that would work with this fabric and I wasn’t in the mood to self draft something.
I made a size 14 – that’s the worse bit about Vogue patterns, they make you feel huge – and shortened the bodice slightly. The princess seams fitted nice to my body shape so I didn’t need to adjust those at all in the end! I altered the neck line slightly to widen it and added a facing instead of a full bodice lining. I also kept the sleeves and pockets.
I like it!
The print makes quite a prim design a bit more fun and lively. It does take away from the style lines of the bodice though, and I think if I made it again (or if I make the jumpsuit version), I’ll use a plainer fabric that can show those off a bit more.
This is one dress that’s going to be added to my holiday appropriate wardrobe. I think I might be able to get away with it layered for winter as well though!