The first version I made of this dress was in a lush olive green for the Minerva Crafts Blogger Network. I really like the shape of the dress. It was cute and flattering and really reminded of this image I came across a while back –
(I always end up taking screenshots of random outfits for inspiration wherever I see it!)
Anyway, I thought this pattern would make a nice, if a bit flouncy, version of that dress. I had leftover denim from my Morgan jeans and the colour was spot on for this dress. (I actually still have enough denim left for one more project after this – I’m thinking some shorts for summer!).
I opted to do the same thing I did with this version as I did with the velvet one, that is adding a panel to the hem as opposed to cutting a longer skirt. I thought it would give it more or a bell shape rather than the full skirt look. I did kinda regret that after but no matter.
I decided to be a bit more adventurous with this dress and add lots of colour! Firstly I added an exposed metal zip in the back in a chartreuse. I then did hand embroidered rosettes, leaves and flowers over the back and the along the neckline. It took forever to do the embroidery and it isn’t the neatest work but I’m happy with it!
I’m very tempted to add more decoration but I already spent an entire day on it and couldn’t fave taking anymore at the time!
It’s a perfect spring dress, great for layering with a long sleeve tee in those colder temps!