Today I’m changing things up a little with a short update on what’s been going on at a Self Assembly Required HQ!
In the news…
- I’ve uploaded my first vlog! Check it out on YouTube here.
It’s just a short intro video (and I don’t think it’s very good 😂!). I wanted to get something out relatively quickly otherwise I tend to get stuck in my own head trying to get out the best work I can but not really getting anywhere! Any tips on vlogging will be much appreciated guys!
I’ll be posted a new video next week where I’ll be reviewing the new Tilly and the Buttons book!
- Self Assembly Required was picked as one of the sewing blogs to follow this year by William Gee! I was in good company there with the likes of Elisalex, Portia Lawrie, House of Pinheiro, DIY Couture and so many other inspiring people.
William Gee is a London based haberdashery (I get all my interfacing, tracing paper and other little bits and bobs from them). Check them out here! They’ve got a flash sale happening on Friday March 9th if you want to get a discount – it’s 10% off with the code SPRINGTREAT and they’ll throw in a free bag of threads too!
- I got a shout out from Helen (of Helen’s Closet) on the Love to Sew podcast! I love listening to Helen and Caroline every week so it absolutely made my day to hear this!
You can check out their podcast here. These ladies are such fun to listen to. I’m always laughing along with them on when I’m sewing!
What I’m reading/ watching/ listening to…
– I’ve just started Stitches in Time by Lucy Adlington which was gifted to me by a fellow sewist. It’s a clothes through the ages history book and a really fascinating read so far!
– I’ve binge watched Altered Carbon on Netflix (it’s so good!), snuck in a few episodes of Keeping Up with the Kardashians (I just can’t help myself!) and caught up on the last season on Project Runway! I love watching Project Runway – I always feel so inspired afterwards. And also really baffled as to how they manage to design and sew amazing outfits so quickly!!
– I’ve been obsessed with singer Dua Lipa over the past couple of weeks and have had her debut album on replay constantly!
I took a crochet basket making class last week at my local yarn shop. It was a really fun evening involving tea, chocolate and lots of chunky yarn! (Realistically I could’ve probably made the baskets without needing a class but I like to go out and try new things and meet new people!).
I’ve bought some more of the ribbon style jersey yarn in some gorgeous colourways that I’m eager to make into baskets. I really don’t need them but they’re going to be so pretty, I just couldn’t help myself! I’m sure I’ll find a use for them somewhere… 😂
What’s been going on in all of your lives recently? Let me know if there’s something you think I should be watching/ reading/ listening to or anything else for that matter!
(If you guys like this, I’m going to try to do a little round up like it every one or two months!)