I’ve been feeling in a bit of a creative rut lately. Don’t get me wrong, I still love sewing and doing all the pattern testing and reviews I’ve been doing but I feel like I need to change it up! It’s times like this that I miss my pottery class that I took last year. It was a break from work AND sewing which helped to keep me fresh.
So I’m planning to try lots of new things this year and hopefully get refreshed and inspired!
Last weekend I started things off with a modern calligraphy class. I’ve always thought my penmanship was terrible so I was always looking to do a calligraphy class at some point to jazz up my writing!
The one I chose to do was run by Asha of Babooshe Calligraphy at the flagship Paperchase store in central London. And OMG I enjoyed it so much! I learnt to use a dip ink pen and spent the 2 1/2 hours learning Asha’s particular style of modern calligraphy. We got to keep the pen and ink set as well as the guide sheets so that we could practice at home too!
This is definitely something that I’m going to try to keep up!
– I’ve got this crochet basket class coming up next week at my local yarn shop. I don’t think I’ll learn huge amounts but I thought it would be a fun way to meet some local crafters!
– Blogtacular is coming up in June this year. I hear about this creative blogging conference last week but missed out on going. I was determined to go this year so I’ve bought my ticket early! Head here if you want to buy your own. (I’ve joined the affiliate scheme so if you can use code @selfassemblyrequired in the referrers box I’d be very grateful! 🤗).
– I need to finally make it all the way through the Lauren Dahl Pattern Workshop online class! I started this course 2 years ago and have just not been motivated to do it. I love the idea of being able to produce my own PDF patterns though so it’s definitely something I want to work towards.
– I’m on the lookout for a good Adobe Illustrator course. I’m hoping if I can improve my skills I’m going to have PDF pattern design in the bag! Lol.
– I’d love to try my hand at more fashion drawing. I’ve found this 2 day course at Morley College in London which looks like fun!
Does anyone have any recommendations of classes to try (or just new things)?