Wow this year went past in a blur!
I started this blog just 9 months ago with the aim to share my makes, experiences and become involved in the online sewing community. I’m 41 blogged garments in and with every post, I’m always amazed at the response from all you wonderful people out there! (Yes I know. 41! And I know that there’ve been some makes that haven’t made it on here as well! I think I may be going a bit over the top with the sewing…)
Looking back over 2016, I’ve picked out my highs and lows of the year. Hopefully this’ll help me focus a bit more on what I want to do next year!
– I was lucky enough to feature in the brand new Suzy magazine, designed for fashion forward sewists.
– The Cleo pinafore with cat pockets! This was just the most fun to make!
– The Mélilot maxi dress hack. This got the most likes on my Instagram feed!
– The Josie dress. Ah, that feeling when things just don’t go quite right… I loved the photos of the sample dresses but it just didn’t seem to translate in my version. It’s going to have to undergo some major tweaking before I make this one again
– There have also been multiple UFOs which are unlikely to ever come out from that dark space in the back of my sewing room. I’m pretending they never happened!
I’ve got plenty of awesome things lined up for 2017 – Project #sewmystyle, a couple more Minerva Crafts posts, I’ve got jeans and coats in the sewing pipelines and more! I’m planning to get more tutorials online and work on my digital pattern drafting so there’ll be more content for you to enjoy!
I’m also in the midst of moving over to a self-hosted WordPress site so keep and eye out for that in the next couple of weeks! (Also I apologise in advance for any mishaps that might happen with that. I am literally learning how to do things step by step as I go with this. It’s so much harder than I thought it would be!)
I’ve only made 1 big sewing resolution for 2017 – NO MORE FABRIC SHOPPING! For at least 3 months anyway. Maybe 2. Well either way, I’m determined to use up more of my fabric stash rather than keep on buying more stuff. (Storage is getting a bit ridiculous…)
I hope you’ll stick around to see it all!
Happy New Year! Wishing you all a wonderful 2017
Love Emily x